Travelling North

Travelling North
the 2 of us at Karumba Queensland

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

one more sleep

After 12,000 kilometres and 86 days, we are nearly home. It's been an excellent holiday and we've seen so many fantastic places in Australia. There are too many favourites and while we were talking over tea tonight, we thought about the best of...the worst...the surprises...the unexpected and there are too many.

We both enjoyed the whale watch cruise and Hervey Bay; I loved all things to do with rainforests and the Daintree has to be one of my highlights. We've had lots of laughs and very few disagreements after being with each other 24/7 for 86 days.

I'm glad that digital cameras are part of our lives because I love taking photos and to have them all printed would have been costly if we were using our previous camera. One thing we want to do when we get home is buy a better digital camera with a view finder so we can see what we're taking.

The caravan and car have travelled well. After living in the van for this length of time, there are just a couple of things on the to do list.

I wish we had a van like this when we were first married and lived in a van for almost a year when Robert was in National Service. Not being flush with cash, we bought a caravan for $50 in 1971 (a few months before we were married). Luckily, Bert (Robert's dad) and Reg (my dad) had the skills and the patience to renovate the van. The annexe was $300 and it didn't leak. Sadly, even with a new roof, the old van rained inside over the bed. Good memories.

We leave Renmark tomorrow morning for Largs Bay and I don't think it will be long before we get back into the routine of being home. I am really looking forward to catching up with family and friends.

So are we there yet? Not quite!

3 comments:

  1. Hey terrific website! Does running a blog like this require a massive amount work?
    I've virtually no knowledge of coding however I was hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyways, if you have any recommendations or tips for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off subject but I just needed to ask. Cheers!

    Here is my blog post: homepage

    ReplyDelete