Travelling North

Travelling North
the 2 of us at Karumba Queensland

Sunday, July 18, 2010

A celebrity

While the others did the grocery shopping at Woolies in Mosman, I sat on the bench outside waiting for them and watching the world go by. A stunning-looking woman, wearing an Irish-green pixie hat, collected a trolley and I looked at her thinking I know you from somewhere. With the brain ticking over, I remembered who it was – Diane Cilento (Aussie actress famous in the 1950s and 1960s and married to Sean Connery for a time). Not long after she entered the supermarket, I looked up to Robert signalling for me to come to him. I knew what he was going to tell me – Diane Cilento is in the shop! I was tempted to ask her if I could take a photograph but I didn’t want to intrude.



Returning to the van, I connected with the net and looked her up. She has a theatre not far from Mossman where she directs and invites actors and other performers to put on shows. There’s also an art gallery and cafe, Karnak, located on the site so we’re going to check it out.

2 comments: