Travelling North

Travelling North
the 2 of us at Karumba Queensland

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Daintree National Park (visit 2)

We decided to return by ferry to explore more of the Daintree National Park. Dubuji Boardwalk is not far from the sea. A huge bonus for me was NO STAIRS or STEPS. This path could be accessed by people in wheelchairs. We were both so glad that we came back.

Another bonus was the weather - it was raining for some of the walk and because the main vegetation is palms with huge leaves and they covered us like shiny, green umbrellas.


living umbrellas sheltered us from rain as we explored this space
















I'll let the images tell the story. Still haven't solved the problem of uploading web albums and I've followed the instructions to the letter.







How cool is this leaf?










Robert kept shaking the trunks of the smaller trees so that rain drops would fall on my head, neck, arms. I couldn't get away so I did retaliate by doing the same to him.

This is him running away after shaking a tree near me.











Thornton Beach












creek running to sea












boardwalk












tiny beaded sand patterns made by a sea creature (probably a worm)

No comments:

Post a Comment