Travelling North

Travelling North
the 2 of us at Karumba Queensland

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Kuranda town

Catching a free bus to the main drag took us past markets, shops and tourist attractions. I really wanted to check out the butterfly sanctuary (not a high priority on Bobby's list) so he patiently waited while I entered the magical world of the butterflies.

The sanctuary houses hundreds of butterflies that flitter through the tropical setting (ferns, tropical plants, water falls and feeding stations). Trying to capture photographs of these creatures is not easy and I wasn't very successful. I really wanted a photo of the Ulysees (a bright, electric blue) but my efforts were wasted.

A breeding laboratory houses caterpillars and pupae with explanations of life spans and other interesting information.













a butterfly landed on a tourist's thumb

The markets were much the same as anywhere else although there were a few that had points of difference. I think I'm over markets - same old, same old. There was a small section that had individual artists creations.

Many eateries to choose from and without tourists, Kuranda wouldn't survive.

After a few hours strolling the shops and markets, it was time to catch Skyrail.

3 comments: